What is Intelligent car parking system with detail explanation l Objectives of Car Parking system l Futures cope l Some Parking System Technologies l Limitations of the system l Conclusions l
Introduction for Intelligent car parking system
Parking in major cities are particularly with dense traffic, directly effects on the traffic flow and peoples life. We introduce a new smart parking system that is based on the intelligent resource allocation. In today’s life of parking of vehicle everyone are needs. Be it in Cinemas, Malls, nearby Shops etc. We propose an idea which can be helps to solve the problem of parking allot mint and parking area of the vehicle. Everyone wants to the park vehicle safely and under the security. So parking system has to provide facility to co Ming user and safely park car. This is the android application with web portal application services. Studies have shown that in many places drivers often spend over the 20 min looking for the parking, contributing to as much as 35% of the total traffic. We present Smart Park car, a Smartphone based on the system that relaxes the requirement for the specialized infrastructure. Switches will be place on the beach parking slot as a sensor to detect pressure of the vehicle. By using GPRS the data of vacant parking slot system will be send to server. End user will have the Android application to check parking is the available or not.
Existing Car Parking system
- Manual Car parking system has to common issues such as the Drivers cannot be find parking as easily as they would like it.
- Cars are the sitting unused on the street for the long periods.
- Increases the traffic congestion and air pollution, and wastes of gasoline and time.
- So for the observing all this issues we are develop Intelligence car parking system.
- By using the GPRS data of vacant parking slot will be send to server.
- If the parking is available then user can be reserve that parking through the Application.
Objectives of Car Parking system
- The main objective of this system is to be provide easy parking that can be save time & traffic.
- By using the GPRS data of vacant parking slot will be send to the server.
- User will have the Android application by clicking Find Parking Button user can be check weather parking is the available or not.
- If the parking is available then user can be reserve that parking through the Application. So Driver can be easily park his car without facing the any problem.
- Monitor the state of a parking car. The parking bay may be fully in use or free. This
system seeks to the constantly monitor what is happening at the bay to identify parking spaces that are the available or occupied.
- Collect the time and date of the activities happening in a given parking bay. Every time the state of the parking bay changes, the date and time should be a captured.
- Gather the data about the activity and send it to a central point using the gateway. The date time and status of the parking spot will all be the sent to a base station.
- The enable drivers to locate and reserve empty parking bays at the entrance and the remotely. This should be the provided by a small display panel at the entrance of the parking bay and using the mobile devices such as PDAs, smart phones for the remote access.
Futures cope of Car Parking system
The development of this system is used for the reservation of parking car slots commanded by the android application. Switches will be the place on the beach parking slot as a sensor to be detect pressure of the vehicle. User will have the Android application, by the clicking Find Parking Button user can check whether the parking is the available or not. If the parking is available then user can be reserve that parking through Application. Once the car is out of the parking lot, notification will be send to server that parking slot is the free.
In the future works, this framework can be enhanced by the including different applications, for Example, and the internet booking by utilizing GSM. The driver or client can book their parking area at the home or while in transit to the shopping centre. This can be diminish the season of the client to the seeking the empty parking area. As a further review, distinctive sensor frameworks can be the added to enhance this framework to distinguish the question and guide the driver and clients speediest. We be will the attempt to decrease the mechanical structure and attempt to make it the eco-friendly.
Results and discussion
- It is the guarantees snappy and computerized parking and simple the recovery of the vehicles.
- Up to 3 cars can be the effectively and securely are the parked in the outlined model.
- The surface space required for the identical to the parking spot of two cars as it were.
- Most of reasonable for the parking in workplaces, shopping centres and the comparable spots.
- Low support levels are the required by the framework.
- Sensors utilized have the high affectability and are anything but the difficult to deal with.
- Minimal effort the framework, giving most of the extreme computerization.
- It doesn’t the require observable pathway of the operation.
- Cordial and reorientation of cars for the driving in and out.
- Security of the vehicle.
Parking assistance system description
- The Parking Assistance System include are the three modules-Monitoring module, Control module and a displaying unit. Along with above three module it will also have centralized supervisory system to maintain the data base of the parking space and will have a SMS gateway on the.
- The monitoring module includes are the ultrasonic sensors, ambient light sensor which are identifies the free parking spaces and transmits the Information to the control unit through Signee.
- Apart from the detecting the car the sensor also provides the additional information like the stretch of time the car has been parked and also its health status.
- The control units of the processes information and sends to the information to Centralized supervisory system.
- Centralized supervisory system receives the information of parking space from the controller through UDP. It then sends the information such as slot allotted, time parked, billing information and the directional details to the user’s mobile phone.
Challenges and major pain points
- The major challenge in The Parking Assistance System include are the three modules Monitoring module, Control module & a displaying unit. Along with The Parking Assistance System include are the three modules-Monitoring module, Control module and a displaying unit. Along with above three module it will also have centralized supervisory system to be maintain the data base of the parking space and will have a SMS gateway on the parking.
- The monitoring module includes are the ultrasonic sensors, ambient light sensor which are identifies the free parking spaces and transmits the Information to the control unit through The Parking Assistance System include are the three modules-Monitoring module, Control module and a displaying unit. Along with above three module it will also have centralized supervisory system to maintain the data base of the parking space and will have a SMS gateway on the.
Some Parking System Technologies
A number of technologies have been deployed in the endeavour to solve the car parking problem. While some the parking solutions are deployed as standalone technologies in the some situations, in other situations multiple technologies are the combined to achieve a given goal. These technologies include below.
(1) Camera based sensor technology
(2) Infrared sensor technology
(3) Ultrasonic sensor technology
1.Camera-based sensor technology:-
Access the control systems have been developed and installed in various car parking lots. At the airport in the Cape Town, an access control point was put in the place. It works in such a way that a driver requests for the ticket at the entrance of the parking by the pressing a button. When the ticket is issued, the driver is granted to access to enter the car parking bay.
The ticket issued is marked with a code that records the time of the entrance to the bay. At the time of the exit, the driver has to pay for the time the car spent in the bay. Payment is done by inserting the ticket in the machine which reads the code on the ticket and calculates the amount of time he spent. Then a parking fee is charged according to the time spent of. Sensors are the used at entrance and exit points to keep track on the cars in and out.
A display board variable message sign is used at the entrance to be show whether the bay is full or still has un-used slots. This technology helps to with the management of payment of the use of the parking bays. It also gives users a general idea of the number of available parking slots by displaying a message like “level 1 full”. However, it doesn’t give a much help to the driver in finding an exact parking space in the shortest time possible to nor allows localization of his car in a given parking spot using for the example Radio Frequency Identification technology.
2.Infrared sensor technology
In the Cavendish shopping mall in Claremont, Cape Town, the access control parking system is used as well as another system that checks the status of the each parking point. The system uses an infrared sensor to detect if a car is parked in the place. A light is fitted above each parking point to show the status. The car light operates in the same way as the traffic lights on the road. However the meaning attached to the car light colours is slightly different. A red light means that there is a car parked while the green light is used to express a free car parking.
There is the section designated for parents with kids. This section has an orange light to the show that parking is meant for the parents with children. This section also uses the red and green lights to show the whether the parking spot is free or used. Another section is reserved for the disabled. It is the marked with a blue light.
This section also uses the red and green light to show the status of the car parking. This system is the helpful to the drivers once they go through the entrance. It is the relatively easy for the driver to look ahead and figure out where there are the green lights in the bay. However, this is only possible for the corridor in which the driver is the moving through. The driver has to keep looking until they can land on the green light. However, there is still a likely flaw that the driver may see a green light yet find it red and in use by the time he reaches the spot it.
3.Ultrasonic sensor technology
Siemens are developed a similar system that uses ultrasound sensors. These are the
installed above are every single car parking to determine whether the parking space is occupied or not. This has been the used in more than 70,000 parking spaces. The system is being used with better pay points that accept the wide range of the payment options ranging from the cash to non-cash options such as the credit cards.
These include business districts airports, and transit stations. The report emphasizes that the university premises are yet a new pressure zone with and the increasing need for the parking solution. This report further details the need for the real time provision of information to motorists as a remedy to reduction in the traffic congestion.
Limitations of the system
The parking system can’t be distinguish between day and night. Thus it is likely to behave as if there is a car parked in the area when it’s dark. This limitation can be overcome by the having well measured the lighting in the parking areas.
In the conclusion, this study suggests that there is a lot of the potential in the use of a Sunspot
device which should be the further examined as far as intelligent parking is the concerned. There is a likelihood of the developing the next generation parking systems that are the highly efficient. This is all possible due to the robust functionality of the sunspot mote. It has the processing ability which can be accommodate a number of the functionalities. The scope of how much the sunspot can do the remains a question of creativity and the invention.