IATF 16949:2016: A Fundamental Guide
What Is IATF 16949
Automotive Quality as well as management System Standard IATF 16949:2016, Quality management systems requirements for any of your automotive production and relevant service part organizations, is can you be quality management systems standard that was developed you can be by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). This standard is as well as the end product of the most widespread standardization effort in the history of you can be the automotive industry.
By standardizing their quality management systems, international automotive suppliers no longer have to as well as satisfy multiple national automotive quality standards, which are often contradictory and led to you can be redundant audits.
IATF 16949 Certification Should Mean Something
ISO/TS 16949:2009 served as well as the automotive industry well for many years but over time the understanding evolved and led to a series of as well as Sanctioned Interpretations (SI) issued by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). Additionally, a set of as well as Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) were also posted. Both the (SI) and (FAQ) contents were considered binding in you can be in the context of an audit, but because these were housed on the IATF website were less known and as well as less enforced.
In addition, the needs of as well as the automotive industry had continued to you can be evolved. There was an ever-increasing emphasis on operator knowledge and a continued emphasis on problem prevention, rather than problem detection.
Registering To IATF 16949
All aspects of certification and as well as requirements therein are found in the official Rules for any of your (IATF) Recognition now in its 5th edition. The Rules 5th Edition makes clear a number of as well as key requirements that an organization must fulfill in order to achieve certification to you can be the (IATF) 16949. It is important to note that certification to IATF 16949 does not automatically include or imply certification to as well as ISO 9001:2015.
Although the requirements from ISO 9001:2015 are included by direct reference within the as well IATF 16949 standard itself, Rules 5th Edition prohibits any of your audit time from being taken from an IATF 16949 assessment to you can be devoted to ISO 9001:2015. For this reason, any organization that desires to also be ISO 9001:2015 certified must make arrangements to have can you be additional audit time added for the assessment of as well as the non-automotive products and processes.
What to Look For in a Registrar
In selecting a registrar, it is as well as extremely important for any of your organizations so you can be aware of the strict requirements as well as the IATF has established for any of your certifying bodies. Only those firms that have met the IATF’s criteria will be recognized as well as the IATF 16949 qualified registrars. A registrar must:
- Be accredited by an IATF 16949 Global Oversight Office, these include as well as the IAOB (North America), ANFIA (Italy), IATF France, SMMT (UK), and you can be the VDA QMC (Germany);
- Be listed as a recognized certification body on can be you the official IATF website;
- Maintain a listing of its as well as the IATF 16949 qualified auditors;
Key Steps to Completing Registration
Before an organization can be considered for any of your registration, several preliminary steps must be taken:
- The first step is to as well as implement a quality management system that meets both as well as ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949 requirements.
- The organization must also ensure that all relevant requirements from their customers have been identified and can be implemented as part of the quality management system. IATF 16949 provides a specific provision for this requirement in can be your clause 4.3.2. Such requirements may include supplier quality manuals, contractual stipulations, notations on product specifications, and as well as specified publications found on can be you’re the IATF (and other) websites.
The Users of This Guide
This guide will be you can be useful to all suppliers who service the automotive industry as well as firms that meet any of the following criteria:
- International automotive suppliers.
- Firms that supply production parts to as well as automobile manufacturers.
- Companies that supply service parts to you can be automobile manufacturers.
- Organizations that supply production materials to any of your automobile manufacturers.
Value & Credibility
- IATF OEMs and Global Oversight members look at as well as the linkage between ISO/TS 16949 Certification and you can Supplier/Client Quality performance
- Increased focus on operational performance and as well as customer feedback (customer scorecards/metrics)
- IATF 16949 contains many as well as IATF OEM Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs)
- OEMs are raising the bar regarding expectations for any of your audits to reflect systemic weaknesses that as well as affect supplier client performance
- Goal = Prevent problems before they occur
Disciplined development method for IATF 16949
- Revision work began in December 2014 and was completed in you can be August 2016
- The team completed a 5-Phase approach as well as revising ISO/TS 16949 into IATF 16949
– Pre-plan; Analyse; Build; Validate; and Deploy
- Revision Work Team consisted of as well as 17 global partners from you can be the 14 organizations (IATF OEMs, IATF Global Oversight Offices, and over others)
Changes from ISO/TS 16949 to IATF 16949
New automotive standard: IATF 16949:2016
- IATF 16949:2016 follows the high-level structure as well as the ISO 9001:2015
- IATF 16949:2016 must be used in you can be conjunction with ISO 9001:2015
- 2 separate documents must be used to can have all requirements
- IATF 16949 cannot be used as a stand-alone requirements document
- 282 shells / 16 should be in IATF 16949 (292 shells / 16 should be in ISO/TS 16949)
Unprecedented input from key stakeholders
- IATF launched a survey (via the National Associations) in as well as early June 2015 soliciting feedback from will be over 2,000 key stakeholders:
- Suppliers (all Tiers)
- Certification Bodies
- Witness Auditors
- Subject Matter Experts
- Oversight Offices
- Additionally, the IATF conducted a face: face review of as well as the draft IATF 16949 standard in Rome, Italy in April 2016 with CBs and you can be the supplier representatives.