10 Features Of Official Twitter BlackBerry App – Tweetie
Twitter has made an official announcement to unveil its first application for smartphones, iPhone and BlackBerry mobile users. The company says that the applications are being launch to stretch out the share of Twitter in all major mobile platforms.
Twitter acquired extremely demanding iPhone client Tweetie. Company also decided to rebrand and relaunch it and will provide as a free official application. For iPhone users it is anticipating that the application will be introduce in upcoming weeks and in the near future for iPad version. However, it is not yet declared by the officials but it seems that Tweetie can also come for official Mac OSX desktop client for Twitter as well shortly.
Twitter team is busy in working together with BlackBerry to develop Research In Motion (RIM) as an official app for the platform. Sooner than expected this app will be get-table on BlackBerry.com/Twitter to download free for users.
10 exciting features are below:
1. Real-time BlackBerry push of Twitter direct messages
2. Camera and photo gallery integration
3. Browser integration for Tweeting links
4. Customizable interface for changing fonts, hiding tool bars, etc.
5. Inbox integration so you can read your Twitter direct messages along side your email and text messages
6. @integration so that if you receive an email or text message which includes an @username, it is linked to the Twitter app profile page
7. Twitter lists integration
8. Notification of @mentions
9. Search for users, content, and trending topics
10. Localized for French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese
Tweetie has been developed by Loren Brichter from Atbits and price tag is $2.99, which is going to be ready for use after rebranding as the official free Twitter client for iPhone. In 2009, Apple’s Design Award has won by Loren Brichter who will join the Twitter team to create an iPad version of Tweetie as well.
Well, we all are excited to see how iPhone mobile users will respond to free official Twitter apps where as many paid and unpaid apps are available but there is not a single one as famous and well framed as Twee tie. Application developers surely get disappoint by Twitter’s move into the software arena.